Samlex EVO-2224 2200 Watt Pure Sine Inverter-Charger
EVOLUTION Series Inverter/Charger
Pure sine wave inverter, adaptive battery charger, transfer relay – All in ONE unit. Samlex Evolution Series inverter/chargers provide reliable AC power wherever it’s needed. For use with boats, RVs, cabins and specialty vehicles, as well as alternative energy, back-up and emergency power applications.
Using state-of-the-art technology, the Samlex EVO inverter/charger operates at 165 million instructions per second with lightening fast load & response times, has 9 points of physical protection monitoring (being scanned up to 10,000 times per second) to detect fault conditions & protect itself in a vast range of adverse environments.
The EVO-2224 is a 2200 Watt Pure Sine inverter, 24 VDC input, 120 VAC output, 50/60 Hz. It intelligently integrates a 70 Amp 4 stage Battery Charger and a 40 Amp Transfer Relay into an advanced and affordable off-grid power solution.
This unit is suitable for medium AC power demands such as computers, video equipment, DVD players, stereo equipment, marine electronics, tools, etc. There is an optional remote, the EVO-RC, for $129, pictured below.
Click image for larger picture, "Back" button to return
Samlex 2200 watt
24 Volt Input
Pure Sine Inverter-Charger
FREE GROUND SHIPPING ON THIS UNIT (48 STATES) !!
|Dim (LxWxH):||12.79 x 16.77 x 8.15
||Switch Mode Design
|DC Input:||18.0 - 34.0 VDC
||Low Battery Alarm
|Output Voltage:||120 +/- .5% VAC
||Low Battery Shutdown
||Low Idle Power Draw < 8w or 30w
||Temperature Controlled Fans
|Transfer Relay:||SPDT 40 A
|Charger Output:||70 A
|Temperature:||-4 F to 140 F
- Two separate AC inputs – one for grid (priority #1), one for generator (priority #2), connect simultaneously, no need to reconfigure when different power sources are available.
- Generator Input is specifically designed to have more tolerance for wave form distortion, prevents unnecessary “rejection of AC input and switch to inverter” by tolerating distorted wave forms that can be produced by gritty generators
- Each AC input is programmable for voltage and frequency. User determines what the min and max thresholds are to switch from Grid or Generator to Inverter.
- Generator start can be initiated by “Status Relay” contact, can be programmed to activate when grid is lost.
- Connect a solar charge controller directly to the EVO though the Battery Charger external DC Input, seamlessly integrates solar charging into the EVO’s power system.
- ONLINE Mode can be used to prioritize Batteries/Inverter over the grid, ideal for those wishing to operate primarily on solar power (when the grid is available, but might be costly).
- 3 or 4 stage charging with Equalization (must be manually initiated).
- Adaptive algorithm is used during Bulk to assess the condition of the battery. Subsequent stages are then based on the condition of the battery rather than pre-set time periods for Absorption and Float. Prevents unnecessary charging, extends the life of batteries.
- Programmable – set battery voltage thresholds to initiate charging.
- Zero transfer time when switching from Inverter to Grid. When grid comes on, the inverter synchronizes with the wave form and then transfers instantly at zero crossing.
- <16ms transfer when going from Grid to Inverter. When grid is lost, the transfer relay switches to inverter at the correct place in the wave form, the transfer takes less than 16ms.
Surge Capacity (Power Boost)
- The EVO has 3X surge power
- Additionally, the EVO has large power overload allowances available for long periods of time. Increased inverter capacity means you can size your inverter smaller to handle heavy surge loads, reducing costs.
- The EVO operates at 165 million instructions per second producing lightning fast load and response times
- The EVO is practically indestructible. It has “Bullet-Proof Intelligence” in the form of 9 physical points of protection monitoring being scanned up to 10,000 times per second for adverse conditions. The EVO will detect fault conditions and initiate a healthy shutdown before any product damage can be done.
- The EVO-RC remote control (sold separately) can be used to capture detailed EVO performance data. Records all detected faults and the conditions leading up to them. Data is stored on a removable 16GB SD Card (in the remote). Use data to analyze trends for more efficient use of system resources
- The EVO uses five temperature sensors placed throughout the unit to determine operation of 2 speed controlled cooling fans. Reduces unnecessary fan noise and energy consumption by only running when and where the fans are needed.
DC-2000-Kit Inverter Installation Kit - #2 Gauge
Inverter Install Kit
#2 Gauge 200 Amp Fuse
#2 Gauge Cable Kit with 200 Amp Fuse
- 10 feet of #2 AWG red marked cable
- 10 feet of #2 AWG black marked cable
- Cooper Bussman Marine Rated Battery Fuse Holder
- 200 amp MRBF fuse
- Anti-corrosion connectors
- Cable operating temperature -40C to 90C
- Cable - high strand count annealed and tinned copper